What Is UX and How You Can Use It to Improve Your Website conversions
You may have heard of the term “UX” before, but you may not be sure what it means. UX stands for “user experience,” a field of study focusing on how people interact with websites and digital products. If you want to create a website or product that is user-friendly and easy to use, then you need to focus on UX design. In this blog post, we will discuss what UX is and how you can use it to improve your website!
What is UX?
UX is the process of creating websites and digital products that are easy to use and enjoyable for users. The goal of UX design is to make sure that users have a positive experience when they interact with your website or product. In order to do this, UX designers need to understand how people think and what they want from a website or product. They also need to be able to create designs that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Did you know? One study found that a good UX design can increase conversion rates by up to 200%! 😮
Now that you know more about what UX is and why it’s important, let’s discuss how you can use it to improve your website. Here are some tips:
1. Make sure your website is easy to navigate
- Users should be able to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily.
- Use clear and concise labels for your website’s navigation.
- Use easily recognizable icons such as a home button or a search bar.
- Use drop-down menus to help users find what they’re looking for.
2. Use images and videos wisely
People are more likely to engage with websites that use visuals. However, you don’t want to overload your website with too many visuals. Try to use images and videos sparingly, and make sure they’re relevant to your content.
3. Use typography to your advantage
The way you format your text can have a big impact on your website’s UX. For example, using large and bold headers can help users scan your website quickly and effectively. Good samples of clean typography are :
- Use easy-to-read fonts such as Sans Serif.
- Stick to a limited color palette.
- Headlines and subheadlines in different font sizes.
- Short paragraphs.
- Bulleted lists.
- Highlighted keywords.
- Adequate white space.
4. Make sure your website is responsive
More and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet. This means that it’s important for your website to be responsive, or able to adjust to different screen sizes. If your website isn’t responsive, users will likely have a bad experience and will leave your site.
5. Take a deep look to the overall design of your website
The design of your website should be aesthetically pleasing and consistent. Inconsistent design can be confusing for users and make your website seem unprofessional. Make sure your website has a cohesive color scheme and that the layout is easy to follow. A good sample of a consistent design is :
- The same color scheme throughout the website
- A clean and organized layout
- Easy-to-read fonts
- High-quality images and videos
6. Pay attention to the loading time of your website
Users are likely to get frustrated if your website takes too long to load. Make sure your website is optimized for speed by doing things like reducing the size of your images and using caching. There are great tools like Pingdom that measure loading times, site monitoring, and availability.
7. Use data to improve your UX
Collect data on how users interact with your site:
- What pages are users spending the most time on?
- What links are people clicking on the most?
- Where do users drop off your website?
💡Pro tip: Two great tools to help you out on this point are mixpanel and hotjar.
We hope this post has helped you understand more about what UX is and how you can use it to improve your website. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below!
Interested to find out more? Browse the rest of our blog for other marketing tips. If you’re ready to create your first email, survey, sign-up form, or landing page then register for a free trial to get the tools you need to build powerful email marketing campaigns!
© 2022, Fede White. All rights reserved.